Details of the Lufthansa A380 First Class Cabin and seats were recently unveiled during the aircraft’s handover ceremony at the Airbus plant in Hamburg Germany.
Picture 1: The Lufthansa A380 First Class Seats
In the long list of features of noticeable absence were suites in first class, this decision to opt for a traditional open seat plan was made after close consultation its First Class passengers; however Lufthansa has addressed the privacy debate by implementing adjustable privacy screens which raised and lowered depending on the level of privacy the passenger wanted.
So let’s delve more deeply into the features in the Lufthansa A380 First Class Cabin:
First Class passengers enter the Lufthansa A380 directly from the First Class lounge and into upper deck cabin which features 8 first class seats/lie-flat beds configured in a 1-2-1 seating arrangement.
One of the stand-out features is the air humidification system which will raise the air humidity in the cabin from the current average of 5% up to 15 to 25%, which will go a long way to making good at the other end.
Lufthansa A380 First Class Seat / Lie Flat Bed
Photo 2: The Lufthansa A380 First Class Cabin and Seat
- Measures 80cm (2.6 feet) width X 207cm (6.8 feet) length, when in Bed configuration
- Patented Shape System allowing seat or lie-flat position of your choice
- Mattress designed by Paradies Germany’s luxury bedding experts
- 100% cotton Perkal Sheets by Fleuresse
- Individual adjustable privacy Screens
- Arm rests which lowers when it lie-flat position to increase surface area
- Turn-down service provided by flight attendants
Lufthansa A380 First Class Bathroom
Picture 3: Lufthansa A380 First Class Bathroom
The Lufthansa A380 features two extremely large bathrooms in first class which according to Lufthansa are three times the size of an average first class bathroom; despite the size of notable absence is a shower such as what Emirates run in their A380.
The two first class bathrooms feature separate changing and lavatory areas, along with personal storage space options.
Additional amenities such as combs, shaving and dental sets are also available
Lufthansa A380 First Class In-flight Entertainment Options
In-flight entertainment wise first class features the following options:
- 17 Inch LCD Screen with programming in 10 Languages Over 150 Entertainment on demand options including:
- 30 Current Feature Films
- 20 Video Channels
- 75 TV Series/Documentaries
- 30 Radio Channels
- 200 CDs on demand
- 10 multi-player games
- In-Seat USB Port for the Charging of USB devices such as iPods and other devices
- Niceview in-flight moving map/Airshow and 3 External video cameras
International In-flight Power points allowing you to power laptops and other electronic accessories.