Qantas Premium Economy takes off: Today marks the first
flight operated by Qantas fitted with its new Qantas Premium Economy cabin. The
QF127 flight from Sydney to Hong Kong was operated on a retrofitted Boeing 747
aircraft and is the first of many that will gradually see all Qantas Boeing 747
aircraft retrofitted with the new Qantas Premium economy cabin, along with all
new Qantas Airbus A380 aircraft (flying from Late 2008).
“We have invested significantly in developing this cabin, which is being
progressively installed across our B747-400 fleet and will be available on
every Qantas A380,” said John Borghetti, Qantas Executive General Manager.
“Qantas Premium Economy offers extra space and comfort and enhanced
levels of service.”
Qantas’ Premium Economy product is set to offer the world’s best
recline and pitch, with a nine inch seat recline and up to 42″ seat pitch.
Designed by Marc Newson and manufactured by Recaro, the seat also
features a six-way adjustable headrest, integrated leg rest, fold-out foot
rest, and a wide centre console with a fixed cocktail table.
“The new service also includes priority check-in, dedicated cabin crew,
an additional hand baggage allowance, and priority boarding and disembarkation,”
adds Mr Borghetti.
Some quick facts about the Qantas Premium Economy Cabin:
- A brand new 19.5 inch wide seat;
- Generous seat recline and leg room (up to 40 inch pitch);
- 8.4 inch in-arm touch screen video monitor;
- Neil Perry inspired menu with premium wines;
- Ergonomic cushioning and an adjustable headrest;
- Noise cancelling headsets.
- On-demand control, which allows you to start, pause,
fast forward, or stop any of our 400 AVOD program choices whenever you like.
Choices include 60 movies, 200 TV programs (including destination guides), 20 Radio
Q channels, 150 CDs, Moving Map and 10 interactive games
- Personal telephone in every seat,^
- Reply text messaging in every seat,^
- Laptop 110v AC Power outlets, which do not require an adaptor (with
the exception of UK plugs).
For discussion on Frequent Flyer programs, Airlines Lounges, or anything Business Travel related , become a member of BizTravelGuru, and head over to the Business Travel Guru’s Forums
Related articles and Forum Posts